A national certificate in public sector accounting will prepare to administer public accounts. That means that you will be able to work in a government department, and ensure that you are improving public sector accounting by adding value, efficiency and productivity.
National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting NQF L4 – SAQA ID 20352
- Public Accounts Administrator
- Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent
- No prior accounting knowledge needed
- You must be at least 16 years of age
Programme Duration for National Certificate in Public Sector Accounting
- Recommended 12 months of study
The national certificate in public sector accounting is accredited by QCTO SETA. Your qualification certificate is issued by FASSET SETA, and you will also receive a course completion certificate from ICB, and from TWP Academy.
The FASSET certificate takes between 6 months and 1 year to receive, so we advise that you use your TWP Academy and ICB completion certificates in your CV to apply for jobs while you wait for your formal qualification certificate.
Subjects to complete for the National Certificate in Public Sector Accounting:
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Public Accounting Administration
- Computerised Bookkeeping
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
Once you have completed the national certificate in public sector accounting you will be able to do the following tasks in any government department:
- Administer public accounts
- Help improve public sector Financial management
- Add value, efficiency and productivity to government departments
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
- You will be awarded with the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
- You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB
- Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
- Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees
Last updated: June 3, 2017