This Diploma Public Sector Accounting is the second level in our ICB Public Sector Accounting programme. You will be able to work as Technical Public Accountant, Accounting Technician in the public sector once you have completed this qualification.
Diploma: Public Sector Accounting NQF L5 – SAQA ID 20353
Careers with Diploma Public Sector Accounting
- Technical Public Accountant
- Accounting Technician in the public sector
- Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent
- No prior accounting knowledge needed
- You must be at least 16 years of age
- Or you must already hold the Foundation Level in Public Sector Accounting
- Recommended 24 months of study
Programme Recognition for Diploma Public Sector Accounting
This programme is accredited by the QCTO SETA. Your qualification will be issued by FASSET SETA once you have completed all the subjects for this qualification.
You will also be issued with subject completion certificates from the ICB and from TWP Academy.
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Public Accounting Administration
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Technical Public Accounting
- Business Law and Accounting Control
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
- Work as a qualified accounting technician in the public sector.
- Make a positive contribution to the country by improving public finance management, adding value, efficiency and productivity to government departments
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
- You will be awarded with the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
- You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB
- Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
- Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees.
Easy conversion to the ICB’s Accounting Programme:
Take your studies further by switching to the Accounting Programme by completing just 1 or 2 extra subjects:
- If you hold the National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting, you can attain the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns learning area (subject).
- If you have qualified with the Diploma: Public Sector Accounting, you can get the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns learning area, and the Income Tax Returns learning area (subjects).
Last updated: June 3, 2017