This course if perfect for anyone who wants to manage a business and its finances. The ICB Foundational Level Qualification is a National Certificate Small Business Financial Management. Get started on this one year program with only a Grade 11 or equivalent.
Foundation Level- National Certificate Small Business Financial Management NQF L4 (SAQA ID 48736)
The national certificate small business financial management only has 3 subjects, which you can complete in 9 months if you write one exam in every exam sitting. This can take longer for home study students who have to work and study at the same time, so we recommend that this program will take you approximately one year to complete.
ICB Foundation Level Business Management Program Course Subjects:
- Business Management 1
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Business Literacy
What you will be able to do on completing this level:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the documentation, processing and recording of a business’s financial transactions
- Communicate effectively with the business stakeholders
- Show you know what it means to be a general manager
- Cost and price products, and manage working capital
- Operate a personal computer
Careers you will be able to apply for once I complete this qualification:
- Assistant or administrator: human resources, office management, legal administration, public relations, finance, marketing, sales or customer relations
- Junior Researcher
- Junior Analyst
- Sales Assistant
You do not need a Matric or any experience in bookkeeping or accounting to study with the ICB. For the ICB National Certificate Small Business Financial Management you need:
- Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent
- 16 years of age or older
- Recommended 12 months of study
Once you complete this program you will receive the following recognition
- FASSET National Certificate in Small Business Financial Management
- Institute of Certified Bookkeeping (ICB) certificate of completion
- TWP Academy certificate of completion
This course is excellent for anyone who needs a qualification on their CV so that they can quickly start looking for a job in your chosen career of business management. After you completed this course you can gain entry into the Higher Certificate for Business Management program, and finally into the Diploma for the Business Management program.
Before you get started you will want to check if studies you have completed with other institutions allows you to skip any of the subjects, or perhaps your work experience. This process is called Recognition of Prior Learning, and only ICB will be able to give you the decision on any subjects you have been exempted for.
One you have registered with us for your qualification, you will need to register with the ICB, and book your first exam. This you can do via the ICB student portal. Once you have booked your exam you will receive your Portfolio of Evidence in 3 to 4 weeks, which is a number of exercises and assessments you need to complete and hand in when you write your exam. This makes up the ICB exams and assessments that you have to for every subject in your qualification.
Join us today!
If you want a career in business management then join TWP Academy today. You can fill in the form on this page and we will get back to you immediately.
Alternately give us a call on our toll free number: 0800 38 00 27
Last updated: November 03, 2018