Can you study ICB bookkeeping degrees UNISA? This is a question that many students ask when trying to decide on what qualification to study. UNISA has become synonymous with studying from home, so anyone looking for distance learning will look up what you can study with UNISA. We want to explain other options available to you when you consider studying bookkeeping.
ICB Qualifications and UNISA degrees
Would you like to study bookkeeping from the comfort of your home? There are many choices available for you like: short courses, accounting certificates or diplomas with the ICB, or perhaps a degree with Unisa.
Here is the list of certificates you can achieve with the ICB:
- National Certificate: Accounting
- FET Certificate: Accounting
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small company Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
These are the UNISA BCOM degrees:
- Unisa BCom (Generic) (98314)
- Unisa BCom Economics (02011– ENM)
- Unisa BCom Entrepreneurship (02011– ENT)
- Unisa BCom Financial Management (02011– FIM)
- Unisa BCom Personnel Management (02011– HRM)
- Unisa BCom Industrial and Organisational Psychology (02011– IOR)
- Unisa BCom Informatics (02011– IFM)
- Unisa BCom Internal Auditing (02011– INA)
- Unisa BCom Law (02011– LAW)
- Unisa BCom Logistics (02011– LOG)
- Unisa BCom Management (02011– GUY)
- Unisa BCom Management Accounting (02011– MAC)
- Unisa BCom Marketing Management (02011– MKT)
- Unisa BCom Public Procurement Management (98767)
ICB Bookkeeping Degrees UNISA
In the past you could study ICB courses at Unisa. This has actually fallen away, and Unisa no longer provides the ICB Courses. However, there are many home study colleges offering the ICB courses. So you can still study any of the ICB courses at a certified home study provider.
You can likewise consider studying accounting or bookkeeping courses at Unisa, where these courses are Unisa qualifications, and not ICB qualifications.
There are a variety of things you should consider if you wish to study one of the ICB courses through distance learning. Or if you wish to study an accounting or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the essential questions from prospective bookkeeping and accounting students, and my comprehensive answers:
- Comparing Unisa research studies with ICB studies.
- Academic level of certification.
- Unisa qualifications scholastic level.
- ICB Qualifications academic level.
- Entrance Criteria.
- Unisa entrance criteria.
- The entrance requirements for ICB courses.
- Selection Criteria.
- How Unisa picks students.
- Choice Criteria for ICB trainees.
- Application and registration process.
- Unisa application procedure.
- ICB application and registration process.
- Limitations on student numbers.
- Unisa student limits.
- ICB trainee number limits.
- Unisa Costs.
- ICB Fees.
- Unisa tests.
- ICB exams.
- Success rates.
- Students success rate at unisa.
- Student success with ICB.
- Recognition for your research studies in the first and 2nd years.
- Unisa Degrees.
- ICB programme of study.
Comparing Unisa research studies with ICB research studies
When you study at Unisa, you are studying at a University. And there are a number of differences between University qualifications and other qualifications. Unisa has its own entryway criteria, selection criteria, limits on student numbers, fees and choice and registration procedure.
Unisa entrance criteria
Every University has its own entryway criteria. And the requirements is various for different degrees. So if you wish to study a BComm degree at Unisa, you have to comply with different entrance criteria compared to when you want to study a BA degree at Unisa.
For the majority of the Unisa Finance degrees you will have to have:
- Matric Bachelor’s pass. (Matric with University/ Matriculation exemption.).
- A minimum of 50% in the language of instructor and knowing (English).
- At least 60% in Mathematics.
- Access to a computer system and the internet to use. Unisa does decline printed applications.
If you do not fulfill these requirements, you can apply for a lower NQF level qualification with Unisa.
The entryway requirements for ICB courses
You can go into any one of the ICB programs at the NQF 3 level. That means you can start their courses with a Grade 9 or Standard 7 school pass.
The ICB likewise acknowledge other training you have done, your work experience and your age, as factors to think about when you get entry.
You need to be able to comprehend the study product, which is in English. The ICB courses begin at an extremely standard level, so regarding make them available to trainees from various academic backgrounds.
Often students who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have actually gained some work experience. Most of the ICB home study students are working grownups, who have actually lost out on the chance to end up school, and go on to school based education.
How Unisa choose students
Unisa currently has nearly 300 000 applications for 2017. To look for 2017 you need to examine if they are still open for applications.
Unisa has a minimal variety of openings for students, so you are not guaranteed of a place for next year. Even if you comply with the academic requirements for the degree you wish to study, Unisa may still not have a place for you. They expect to get more applications than the number of trainees they can accept.
So Unisa looks at your scholastic record, the number of seats they have available for the degree you wish to study, along with your rating on the point scoring system.
Unisa utilizes a point scoring system to decide which students to accept. So you should satisfy the scholastic requirements, and also score enough points in the points score system.
In the point score system, Unisa will look at things like your final Grade 12 marks, what school you participated in, gender, socio-economic group, in addition to your race. Unisa utilizes the point rating system to deal with historical downsides without compromising their quality standards.
Selection criteria for ICB trainees
The ICB has a number of distance learning course companies. For these students there are five examination sessions in 2017. A lot of these students are home study and part time study students. Generally trainees who satisfy the academic entryway criteria, will get a location with one of the distance education suppliers.
Students who do not fulfill the academic requirements, can still apply. The ICB can approve you entryway based upon your age; work experience and other training courses you have actually done.
The ICB academic entry requirements are grade 9 (standard 7). The ICB programs all start at NQF level 3; indicating that even if you never finished matric, you will still have the ability to cope with the work.
Application and registration process
Unisa application procedure
Unisa has a three-step process for you to become a student. You have to make certain you comprehend this procedure.
Look for a space at Unisa
If your application was accepted, you should Register
If your Registration is properly processed, you get Informed of your Registration by Unisa
Unisa does not accept printed application. So you need to have access to a computer system and to the web, so that you can use online.
You can apply online at Unisa local offices. Where they have computer systems readily available for potential students to make their applications. If you go to a regional centre, you need to have all your files already scanned and offered electronically. Because Unisa does not supplier scanners at their workplaces.
So make sure you understand exactly what files you have to send digitally with your application. And get those scanned so you can connect them to your online application.
If you previously signed up with Unisa, then you will have your own MyLife email address from Unisa. You should make sure this e-mail address is working, which you examine it every day. Unisa will send out the outcomes of your application to this e-mail address.
Unisa will in kind all successful applicants, and also inform them for which certification they were accepted. You can look for up to 2 qualifications.
Unis likewise notifies you if your application is not successful. Keep in mind, one of the greatest reasons that prospective students are not accepted, is when they do not pay the application charges.
ICB application and registration process
To begin studying one of the ICB courses you have to take the following actions:
- Apply to one of the course suppliers
- Total your registration with the course provider and pay your registration cost and further study charges
- Register with the ICB for your exam – you can pick from 5 examination sessions in 2017
- You can opt to write one examination at a time, or register for three or four exams
Pay your test fees
Get your portfolio of evidence from the ICB once you have registered for the examination
Complete your portfolio of proof prior to the test, and take it to the exam session with you
Hand in your test and your portfolio of proof at the end of your examination
You can get the ICB Application and test files here: ICB Application Forms.
Limitations on student numbers
Unisa student limits
Unisa has restricted space on each program they offer. A lot of individuals who want to study with them, will not be accepted to study with Unisa next year.
If you want to give yourself the best possibility of being accepted you need the following:
- Apply for a location for next year. Make certain you apply when applications are open. There are application periods, indicating specific times of the year which you should apply. The rest of the year, applications are closed.
- Pick two qualifications you wish to study. Make an application for both of them. So that you have a chance on a various qualification if there is no area for you on the course that is your first choice.
- Make sure you have all the documents you have to use. And make certain you have them scanned. You will need to send them digitally.
- Get access to a computer and the internet. You can just apply online. You can not submit a printed application form.
- Provide all the pertinent details Unisa uses in their point score system. They are trying to deal with the inequalities of the past. So your gender, race and socio-economic scenario can count in your favour.
ICB trainee number limitations
The ICB does not position a limitation on student numbers. If you want to study on a school, at a class supplier, then there will be a limitation to the variety of seats in the classes.
When you select distance learning, you will find a course company that has area for you. Don’t wait till the last minute. Make certain you apply early, to give yourself the best possibility.
Unisa does decline money. So you have to pay them online.
You need to pay the unisa application fee when you apply. This charge is R100 for your application, and it is non-refundable. If you used in the past, and paid an application fee at that time, then you do not have to pay the application charge again.
Your course charges will depend on what course you study. So Unisa will inform you of the course fees when you Register.
When you sign up with the ICB, you need to keep in mind the following various costs:
- Course company charges – costs you pay the college where you study
- ICB trainee membership yearly costs
Here is a connect to a detailed post on all the costs you have to comprehend. ICB Registration Charges 2017.
Unis has two exam sessions every year. Depending on the degree you are studying, and the subjects you selected, you will have various examination dates. You will get your test dates from Unisa when you have actually started studying your degree.
The ICB provides 5 test sessions for home study trainees in 2017.
You will discover the total list of ICB exam dates and subjects here. ICB Evaluation Dates 2017.
Student success at Unisa
From research done at Unisa, the success rates of students after 7 years of study, is that less than 10% of trainees have actually finished their degrees. Distance learning is not a simple choice. And Unisa fights with the substantial needs placed on it. So the students who are successful are the ones who are good at keeping themselves going, without much outside aid.
Sadly, distance learning students typically require more assistance than classroom trainees. They are students who did refrain from doing well at school, and who did not get many opportunities in life.
With Unisa, if you fail a topic, you need to re-register and pay again. Then you study that topic again, write the examination once again, and in this way work to completing your degree.
Student success with the ICB
The ICB accredits and makes sure the quality of training supplied by their training suppliers. They set the exams, and they set the syllabus. They approve the study products. And in this way the ICB makes sure that students get the very best opportunity possible.
The ICB likewise inspects its certified suppliers. And they even do surprise inspections. With this energetic work done to make sure quality education, and to ensure students get great support, study products, and qualified lecturers – pass rates are high.
In the world of work, you will find that employers are happy to pay for their staff to study with the ICB. Because they understand that their personnel will learn real skills they can use in the work environment, and they know that the trainees have a very good opportunity of passing.
Students who have a hard time, can reword any exam, so you get more than once opportunity to pass and complete your course.
Recognition for your research studies in the very first and 2nd years
At Unisa you can not get a certificate or diploma for your very first and second year research studies – even if you pass them. A university degree is a single program with a single exit point. So either you get your degree, or you get nothing.
ICB programme of study
On the ICB programme, you get recognition for each level of the programme you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to acknowledge your success. This indicates that if you never ever finish the entire program, you still have a certificate for every level to place on your wall. Your college might also offer you a subject conclusion for every single subject you total.
The strategy is that you do not leave empty-handed once you have passed a subject or a level in the programme.
Last Updated: September 24, 2018