OHS Coordinator certificate
|Course||TWP Academy OHS Coordinator Certificate|
|Programme Type||Provider Programme|
|Partner Institute||Not Applicable|
|Award Type||TWP Academy Certificate|
|Award Issued By||TWP Academy|
|Accredited By||Not Applicable|
|SAQA ID||Not Applicable|
|NQF Level||Not Applicable|
|Course Duration||10 Months|
The TWP Academy OHS Coordinator Certificate consists of the following subjects:
- Organisational Communication
- Occupational Health and Safety Inspection
- Occupational Health and Safety Awareness
- First Aid
- Emergency Action Plans
How is this course assessed?
You will need to send TWP Academy assignments and/ or a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) so that the college can asses if you have good knowledge of the course content. You will not have to write an exam.
What is a Provider Programme Course?
A provider programme is a course that we have developed, curriculated and assess ourselves. A provider programme is usually a short course, which cannot be accredited in South Africa at the moment. There is no external accreditation with a provider programme, and there is no link to any outside academic institute. It will give you knowledge and skills you need in a particular area.
You can use the completion certificate you receive from TWP Academy on your CV. Most employers will happy to see you improving your knowledge and skills.
According to the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), non credit-bearing programmes (such as TWP Academy’s provider programmes) can help learners in the following ways:
- They can provide practical or hands-on learning
- They can increase employability, self-employment opportunities, and mobility within workplaces and sectors
- They can provide occupationally-directed learning
- They can contribute towards closing the skills gap as identified in the Workplace Skills Plan, the Sector Skills Plan, and the National Skills Plan
The TWP Academy OHS Coordinator Certificate is a Short Course, and is therefore Provider Programme
Last updated: June 14, 2017